Today I am going to tell you about IBPS Specialist Officer Eligibility criteria. Every year IBPS conducts 4 major recruitment. These recruitment are for the posts of Probationary Officer, Clerk, Officer & Assistants in RRB and Specialist Officer.
The eligibility criteria for Specialist Officer Posts are always quite confusing. While in Probationary Officer and Clerk the eligibility required is graduation however in Specialist Officer Recruitment there is different type of qualifications required.
Let us now discuss all the important eligibility criteria which are required for IBPS Specialist Officers posts.
The article is in question answer format which will address your specific queries.
Question: Which are the participating banks in IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment?
Answer: 20 banks participate in the recruitment process. This includes 19 nationalized banks and IDBI Bank. SBI does not participate in this recruitment as SBI is having its own recruitment process.
Question: I am a fresher can I apply for these posts?
Answer: Fresher are eligible provided you are having the required qualifications.
You are not eligible to apply.
Question: I am in the final year/final semester of my degree. Am I eligible?
Answer: Final year/ semester students are not eligible for IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment.
Question: What are the posts normally announced through IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment?
Answer: The posts normally announced through IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment are of Specialist Officers in various cadres like IT, Agriculture, Rajbhasha, Law, Human Resources, Marketing, and Finance in various public sector banks.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment regarding citizenship/nationality of the candidate?
Answer: Nationality/ Citizenship: A candidate must be either –
(i) A Citizen of India or
(ii) A subject of Nepal or
(iii) A subject of Bhutan or
(iv) A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment regarding age of the candidate?
Answer: The age for the various posts remains the same. The minimum age is 20 years and the upper age limit is 30 years. There will be relaxation is upper age limit for reserved category and for certain categories of persons which are as under:
- 5 years for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe .
- 3 years for Other Backward Classes.
- 10 years for Persons with disability
- 5 years for Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
- 5 years for persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 .
- 5 years for Persons affected by 1984 riots.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment regarding Educational Qualification of the candidate?
Answer: Educational qualifications are different for each post which is as under:
I.T. Officer (Scale-I):
- a) 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation
- b) Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Tele Communication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications
Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level.
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I):
4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering.
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I):
Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
Post graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
Law Officer (Scale I):
A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council.
HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I):
Graduate and Full time Post Graduate degree or Full time Post Graduate diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR/ HRD/ Social Work/ Labor Law.
Marketing Officer (Scale I):
Graduate and full time MMS (Marketing)/ MBA (Marketing)/ Full time 2 years PGDBA/ PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
Proficiency in Computers
For posts other than IT Officer Scale I candidates should have Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/ Institute.
IBPS Specialist Officer Eligibility
Disclaimer: These are the eligibility criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment. However before applying please check the official notification published by the IBPS.